Mountain Empire Community College programs are approved for enrollment of qualified veterans, 幸存者, 家属, and certain reservists.
- New students or new applicants should contact the 退伍军人事务部 Officer, Lena Grace, to apply for benefits.
- Continuing students (those receiving benefits the previous semester) should contact the 退伍军人事务部 Officer, Lena Grace to be re-certified each semester.
- Returning students (those who previously received benefits but have not attended the College for a semester or more) should contact the 退伍军人事务部 Officer to restart benefits.
To apply for veterans’ benefits while attending MECC, visit the 退伍军人事务部 Officer, located in the Robb Hall, 电子邮件 firstname.lastname@example.org or call 276-523-9028.
学生 and their families can compare the following across multiple financial aid offers by visiting, 在你欠钱之前知道.
GI法案 & 项目
For more information about GI法案 & 项目 that are available to qualifying students, visit GI法案 & 项目
Receiving Your Benefits & 支付
For more information about receiving your benefits and payment deadlines, visit Receiving Your Benefits & 支付
The Veterans affairs office is located on the MECC campus on the first floor of 罗布·霍尔，106室. Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. 到下午4:30.m. and can be reached by phone at 276-523-9028. For more information, visit 退伍军人福利
Certification Request for VA Educational Benefits Form
JST Transcript Release Form
MECC Student Veterans of America
To join MECC Student Veterans of America, contact email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for a list of Frequently Asked Questions
关注军事 & 经验丰富的学生
We’re pleased to announce CREDIT2CAREERS (C2C) – Virginia’s Community College System’s (VCCS) Academic and Career Portal
C2C is a personalized virtual counseling tool that will provide military-connected users to:
- Explore academic degree programs offered by all 23 community colleges.
- Instantly get an estimate of potential credits from your Military education, 经验, 和培训.
- Personalized exploration of civilian careers related to your military training and specialties; personal interests; or recommended by interest 伊娃luations.
- Receive real time employment information to assist military and veteran students in making informed post-secondary decisions.
MECC Student Veterans Association
MECC Student Veterans Association works to engage the administration, 教师, staff and local veterans in 支持 services to improve the educational 经验 for all MECC student veterans and their families. Membership is open to all registered veterans, service members currently enrolled and 教师 and staff of MECC that are veterans. Members that graduate will be granted alumni membership status. Student veterans will be greeted with friendship, 支持, and access to resources that will not only enhance their educational 经验 but will provide social and cultural awareness opportunities that will last a lifetime.
For more information, please contact the Student Veterans Association Sponsor.